Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lacey loses out

On Wednesday, “American Idol” sent the first member of the season 9 top 12 packing. Lacey Brown was the first one sent home.

n fact, it would have been among the worst performances on Tuesday's show, if not quite sinking to the depths that put Tim Urban, Lacey Brown and Paige Miles in the bottom three.

I thought the voters had it all wrong last week, sending Alex Lambert, Todrick Hall and Lilly Scott home.

"Oh, America," I wrote. "You're such a goof."

And I believed it, too.

But this week? I could see a case for any of those singers being in the bottom three. My bottom two were Miles and Urban, while Brown was one horrible Andrew Garcia performance away from being in my bottom three as well. And after watching Brown warble her way through one last song in an effort at getting the panel to throw the judges' save her way, I can't say I'd have saved her, either. She'd have never made it past the next few weeks regardless. And unless a save for Brown meant Miles was going home instead, why bother?

No comments:

Post a Comment