Friday, March 26, 2010

American Idol "The Final 10"

This could alter, of work, with a well-chosen Sex Pistols covers, for instance, on Don't Do The Sex Pistols Night. But short of that? I think we are completed with any talk of rockers here.

All 11 finalists took part in the opening number on Wednesday's results show - all without the slightest hint of irony or camp and, as such, there can be no talk of rock or rocking, much less rockers.

When the ax came down, it fell exactly where it should have, - on Miles, who had to see it coming. Simon even told her there was no chance of a judges' save no matter how he sang tonight. And he was bad, regardless.

Moving on, then, to the natural selection process of reality TV, the first one hopefuls banished to the bottom five made perfect sense - Paige Miles and Tim Urban, easily the worst performers of the past one weeks. And my faith in American voters (shaken like a leaf by the recent banishment of Alex Lambert, Todrick Hall and Lilly Scott in five fell swoop) was partially restored when the final addition to that bottom five turned out to be the third worst singer of the week (although he did show promise last week), Katie Stevens.

The other 10 contestants get to spend their summer on the "Idol" tour, and truthfully, it doesn't strike me as the hottest ticket of the season. I can think of five more singers I would lose before I launched a tour. And I am much not as hard to than someone I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment