Friday, February 26, 2010

American Idol: Downside of democracy


I cannot believe Katelyn Epperly made it through another week after turning the Beatles' "OMG! Darling" in to a textbook example of soulless while dressed like a Glamour Shots dropout.

They was easily the lamest, most embarrassing performer of the week, as opposed to the girls who did get voted off the show - Janell Wheeler and Ashley Rodriguez. At least my top three female singers got another chance.

I'd have put them both through, which is not the same as saying I was blown away by what they did this week, because I wasn't. But at least they didn't make me wish I'd died before the show, like Epperly.

As for the boys, there is no way that Tim Urban kid is better than the first guy voted off the show, Joe Muñoz. Does it come down to hair when guys sing? I mean, Urban definitely has the better, more "relevant" hairstyle. But Muñoz can actually sing.

At least they got it right on Tyler Grady, who did his best to be Jim Morrison but came across more like that Bobby Wheeler guy on "Taxi."

In closing, has that fool who played piano for Kris Allen's "Let it Be" ever seen a piano before? Or is the problem that he is seldom heard the Beatles version of the song? I know those guys were doing it for Haiti, but I'd donate 50 bucks if they could promise me that Allen's mate would seldom, ever play a Beatles song again.

No comments:

Post a Comment